Antidaeophobia Wants You!

To join her minions!
By checking out my World Domination blog you have expressed your interest in my projects and chronic nerdiness.
Here you'll find stories, fangirling, art, punkiness, advice, free patterns and ideas for all sorts of unique crafts that you can use to support me in world domination.
If you wish to support me further, and love the blog please join my minions and help me by; commenting, sending me awesome craft patterns, geeking out with me or presenting topics to discuss.

Live Long & Prosper
Become a minion, send your support or even just send some recommendations.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Horror of Socks

Pinkie Adores Socks by Aqnichols deviantart.com

Making sketches for my next new series of hats- and they will be epic. At least I hope as long as I can afford to make all my plans come true. Like most artists, my budget rarely cooperates with my dreams.

I'm trying to push myself a little bit with my knitting. I've become too comfortable with it and haven't been challenged. I enjoy making hats, so I figure I should continue making hats, but try making them more awesome and more complex. Looking to branch out from My Little Pony (I will still make pony hats, but I'm just looking to expand).

Speaking of challenging and expanding yourself- I've come to realize that many knitters don't even attempt socks because they fear them. Apparently the heel fills many a knitter with dread. So,
I've got sock patterns for you people (yeah, you people, you knitters *disgusted face*). It's getting cold and what better way to say 'I spent more time on this then you'll appreciate' then knitting a pair of socks for a love one. Don't mind me, I'm a grouch, but seriously, more people could do to knit more socks and more people could do, to enjoy them. Contrary to what some people will believe, socks are actually quite easy once you break the steps down and the heel is not the intimidating once you'd screwed up your first pair, you'll rock and master your 2nd and third.

To get you started, here is a helpful link, but feel free to message me with questions on getting your socks going, or finished. http://www.hgtv.com/handmade/knitting-socks-101-heel-cuff-and-toe-tips/page-2.html

Here are some really cool sock patterns!
Window Pane Socks; I'm eager to give this a go with rainbow yarn: http://yarnfloozies.blogspot.com/2008/09/windowpane-socks-tutorial.html

Bagpuss Socks; A nice basic striped sock: http://misterhankey.blogspot.com/2009/08/bagpuss-socks_29.html

Super Bulky Socks; I love super bulky socks for around the house. I got so tired of people trying to force those granny house slippers on me and started making bulky socks instead. My grandma loves them, I love them and they can be completed in a couple hours: http://knitfreedom.com/free-patterns/super-bulky-sock-pattern

Selbudeath socks; this pattern is incredible. I haven't had the time to make my own pair, but I intend too; http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/selbudeath

Heart Socks; they socks are epic, so beautiful and just all around, cool. If you make these, please send pictures; http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=4530&lang=us

Live Long & Prosper,
 ~Antidaeophobia~

No comments:

Post a Comment